Saturday 7 April 2012

Hardspear's Master Cleanse: T-3 to 1 and counting...

Wednesday T-3 and counting…
Feeling better emotionally.
Thursday T-2 and counting..
Scared. Master Cleanse is weighing on my mind. Will I be able to do it. Tuesday I will be flying somewhere. I get nauseous on a plane? I will not be able to take anything. Maybe I can take ginger tea?
Friday T-1 and counting…
It is my birthday! I, J. Hardspear de la Azotea am turning 39 today. We’ve invited friends over for dinner and I made La Queue de Bœuf des Vignerons (Oxtail as cooked by the winegrowers). It is basically oxtail stewed with white grapes. Had a number of Jim Beam Black’s with soda before dinner and quite a few glasses of red wine with dinner. The guests were super impressed with the meal, which imho was simply the best oxtail I have ever had. Thanks to Mrs. Elizabeth David who always provides a trusty recipe. This one is from her classic book – French Provincial cooking.
Tomorrow is lift-off, so I had my cup of laxative tea before I went to bed.

1 comment:

AngelConradie said...

Dude! I would so love to taste one of your dishes one day! It always sounds so divine!