Friday 13 April 2012

Hardspear's Master Cleanse: Day 7 - Friday

I, J. Hardspear de la Azotea, am proud to declare that I have lasted 6 days on the Master Cleanse (Lemonade Diet).  I did aim for 10 days, but alas, for someone who thinks food, have a passion for cooking, who reads recipe- and cookbooks for leisure, who lives for and dreams of the next culinary success, to NOT eat for 6 days is a major fait accompli.  I also did stop smoking in the process.

So what happened?  It was late afternoon on Day 6 and I sat in an important meeting in which our team was discussing an important deadline for Monday.  I was feeling very low on energy and my concentration was totally shot.  All I heard was blah, blah, blah – Hardspear needs to blah, blah, blah and Hardspear has agreed to blah, blah, blah before close of business.  It was someone’s going away function earlier the day and there was some snacks left in our open plan office.  I got up in the middle of the meeting, walked out of the boardroom, went to the office ate a LITTLE of the snacks, drank a cup of coffee and re-joined the meeting.  I surreptitiously ascertained what the blah, blah, blah was and started executing on the blah, blah, blah.  I simply cannot afford not to have all my wits in one place from now till Monday.

In the evening I had a bowl of the lovely vegetable soup which I made earlier in the week.  Delicious.  I could feel the goodness seeping into every molecule of my body.  I also had a cup of yoghurt and a gut-flora tablet to re-establish and start re-populate all the good bacteria necessary for a healthy digestive system.
I walk away from this:
·         Feeling lighter
·         Feeling happier
·         Having lost 5 kilos
·         Tummy shrunk noticeably
·         Clothes fit looser
·         Stopped Smoking
·         Determined to continue henceforth eating healthier and smaller portions
·         Determined to start exercising.
So what to do with the left over Maple Syrup?  Well, I am already devising a recipe for Caramel Pecan Cupcakes with Maple Syrup, Mascarpone & Pistachio Icing.

2 comments:

Julia said...

Hey Buddy, I have been following your cleanse for the past few days and let me tell you, you have a lot of hair on your teeth. I LOVE food and could not go without it. I am currently following the WL eating plan. My husband is too and the first two weeks they have what is called Re-Balance, a kind of detox where you eat A LOT! You cut out caffeine, you up your water and fibre intake. It is AWESOME. I think my hubby lost about 3 kilos in the first week.
No funny potions, no vile substances and you can work with whatever food you enjoy. Go and check it out and see if it's for you. I'm sure you will love it.v Good luck from this point onwards. And Kudos to you for stopping the fags. That's awesome.

Unknown said...

Thanks Julia!