I know this is so WRONG on every level, but like Dexter I, J. Hardspear de La Azotea like eating junk food whilst driving. Also the messier, the lekkerder. Here’s a list of my favourite drive food:
• Wimpy Bacon & Cheese Burger with Extra Relish. (Toasted version is slightly easier to eat in the car, but then you have to hold the sandwich/burger horizontal to take a bite. It takes a while to scrub the pink stains from the cheap tomato sauce off your fingers again.
• Woolworths Pie. Just be careful – they are always extremely hot. Take a bite out of the crust at the corner to expose the filling and hold in front of the aircon vent to blow cold air in. You’ll be able to take a safe bite within the first two kilometres. Your whole car will be covered in flaky crumbs.
• Quattro Stagioni Pizza with extra cheese. Just wash the grease off of the steering wheel at your destination.
• Soft Serve Ice Cream on a Cone (at least 4 turns of Ice Cream) on a hot day you have to eat especially fast. If you break hard it usually ends up in crotch of your black work trousers.
• A mega lemon & poppy seed muffin from a garage cafe.
What is your favourite car food?